Member only hiscores
Thread Closed 

First of all I would much rather have no bots and only P2P highscores..by a longshot.
Secondly I have never heard of any situation of someone F2P racing against someone who is P2P. The mod was pointing that which is really obvious, the person in P2P has a enormous advantage. And if they were close friends..I do not see why they need to have highscores to compete anyway, they would be talking to each other.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-11-20 02:12:52)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  First of all I would much rather have no bots and only P2P highscores..by a longshot.
Secondly I have never heard of any situation of someone F2P racing against someone who is P2P. The mod was pointing that which is really obvious, the person in P2P has a enormous advantage. And if they were close friends..I do not see why they need to have highscores to compete anyway, they would be talking to each other.

I would much rather have no bots, but why must F2P suffer for that?

I can just imagine the board meeting...

"We'll remove bots, then make highscores P2P only, it doesn't matter how long they've been free for."

Does that sound right to you?
[Image: UberSanta.png][Image: 42u3cez]
[Image: zamorak.png]

You just made that up though, you have no idea that is the case.
I was just responding that IF in the very unlikely chance they had to decide to either keep hiscores all and keep bots or remove bots and make hiscores P2P because of money reasons then I would rather them do what they did.

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2011-11-20 02:21:01)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  You just made that up though, you have no idea that is the case.
I was just responding that IF in the very unlikely chance they had to decide to either keep hiscores all and keep bots or remove bots and make hiscores P2P because of money reasons then I would rather them do what they did.

I did make it up....but it's a damn good guess.

What I said was effectively the end result though, no?

They remove bots, and remove a free feature that has been around forever and make it so that you need to pay to access it.

Am I wrong?

Let's look at it from a practical standpoint.

If you look at the minimum levels to be ranked on the hiscores, we see a mere 2 skills that are able to be ranked in f2p at level 30. Now let's face it, those are probably the two hardest skills in f2p. And the minimum xp needed to make the Hiscores is around 675,000. This equates to around 35 in all skill levels, of which a large chunk of f2p goers do not have. There are some out there that do have that though, no disputing from me here.

If a majority of f2p users cared enough about the hiscores or cared enough to be ranked, they would want to even the playing field with more skills right? It seems only logical to be competitive you have to be even.

If Jagex feels that the hiscores bring in little use from f2p players, then it will remain a members area. But I feel as though Jagex are right by clearing up f2p accounts that just sit there and hang out with their E-boy/girl-friend instead of a new person whom is members trying to make it to the top 1000.

If it doesn't effect f2p gameplay, and it doesn't affect how they go on with their days, is it really such a big concern?

I'll be open minded in this debate, I've just yet to see some hard compelling evidence to persuade my thoughts.
1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I do see it effecting F2P gameplay though, as alot of F2Pers will play just for the ranks (maybe they cannot afford to pay members, or don't have the option to pay in their country).

I just don't see the point in removing a free feature that has been around forever.

Also pretty funny they didn't mention this small thing at RuneFest, because they knew it would have sparked a mass backlash.

There is a lot of things they did not mention at RuneFest..should they have mentioned every single update?
I do not think removing dicing was mentioned there, though I could be wrong, but that was a great update.
You have made your point that it will affect F2P gameplay a lot, I made my point that I do not think it will make too big a difference (only on a small number of players)..we have kind of reached a stalemate.

(2011-11-20 15:58:11)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  There is a lot of things they did not mention at RuneFest..should they have mentioned every single update?
I do not think removing dicing was mentioned there, though I could be wrong, but that was a great update.
You have made your point that it will affect F2P gameplay a lot, I made my point that I do not think it will make too big a difference (only on a small number of players)..we have kind of reached a stalemate.

Good

Indeed, both made valid points, will be interesting to see what happens on RSOF when the update actually happens, as most people don't even read Future Updates and are surprised when something like this happens XD

Friend of mine just went for 19 rank in summoning and now, after the update, he is rank 15 summoning. It was a great update for a lot of people.

BUT the really weird part i can't understand is that jagex calls runescape as the "World biggest free to play mmorpg" , but they make every update so, that more people want to play p2p, there's no great updates for f2p!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spot the Surreal Member! Meg 66 34,631 2012-04-27 22:52:55
Last Post: Witch
  Answered Just became member today. :) Skyrim 7 4,858 2012-01-06 16:45:28
Last Post: Shay