Dev Blog - Prestige
Thread Closed 

[Image: 4S9Ym.png]
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Voted Yes tbh
If it's set at at 75% yes vote to pass then there's no way this update will ever get through.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
As I understand it, a vote of no doesn't mean no prestige update, but it means they start over and try to do it in a way that addresses the feedback they're getting. A 75% yes vote means they don't change anything and release it as described in the dev blog.

With that in mind, if you have any reservations about the update you should probably vote no and weigh in on the discussion thread they set up. If you don't have any problems with the update, then you should vote yes.

I voted yes myself. People definitely have legitimate concerns, but in my opinion this update can only be done right if everyone starts at the beginning. I don't mind giving people something for their xp past 99 in the current high scores, but a head start is just too much.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
[Image: FjqNhhm.png]
Results as of five mins ago.
Ran into this screen shot. Didn't like what I read. They've been pushing that prestige won't effect the main high scores. Well it won't be the main high scores if/when prestige goes through. This is what I was afraid of (keep this in mind I dont play for ranks in high score) that jagex will push the prestige into everyone's face any way they could and by making it the default high score on main page they push back the original high score.
[Image: 4Sim6.png]

On a side note. My small reason for voting no was because the rs community doesn't need another division with in it.

07scape/ live game
Pkers / pvmers
High lvl players / low lvl players
Max-comp / skiller accounts.
Pvming for money / flipping for money
Maybe soon
Prestige high scores / classic high scores (not real name just didn't know what to call it.

Add in a new high score base that they make default and you will have people who prestige talking down to those that don't. And / or vice versa . like I said this may not be the big case but its a small one that I see daily running around. This will just become the biggest divider with in live game if/when it passes. Anyways that's my two cents if there are errors in spelling/ grammar . sorry on my phone
Also seems like they don't care about those people who worked hard for their current ranks/200m skills.
[Image: Dreggstar.png]
"... is driving me mad. The images are broken. GOOD GOD FIX IT LOLOL "
IMO Jagex should just make better use of the seasonal high scores if they want to get rid of the same 1k people on the current high scores. Then they can make changes to prestige to make it what people want. Tbh I really like the idea of being able to "reset" and work your skills up again for X reward because damn think of the boost that would have to the low level economy! I just don't want peoples' time and efforts going to waste for that.
[Image: 4Unl4.png]

Just an update on the voting. Not much has changed.
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
It won't go through, kinda glad as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capes of Prestige Hayden 11 8,414 2014-06-25 10:31:43
Last Post: Benzoo
  BTS #73 - Og Blog October Wader 6 4,636 2013-10-06 07:28:33
Last Post: Tay
  Og Blog: The Final Challenges Mini Kniight 2 2,634 2012-06-25 19:38:14
Last Post: Jay
  Og Blog: Tradition and Challenge Mini Kniight 18 10,048 2012-06-21 19:26:03
Last Post: Chaz
  Og Blog: Skill, Variety and Fun Mini Kniight 4 3,894 2012-06-12 21:20:30
Last Post: Blackice