Poll: How do you feel about this update?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 - Love it!
2 10.00%
4 - It's pretty good.
0 0%
3 - Not bad.
1 5.00%
2 - Could be better.
2 10.00%
1 - Not worth it.
1 5.00%
0 - Hate it.
12 60.00%
N/A - Doesn't really affect my gameplay.
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Squeal of Fortune – Extra Spins
Thread Closed 

(2012-04-06 10:01:25)Bug Wrote:  I guess one thing does bother me after seeing this...

Awhile ago, before mass amounts of people figured out ways to get millions of experience in a day I wanted to try and obtain for myself a global experience record. Seeing how much experience people can gain in a week off SoF really bothers me just for the simple fact that they will be possibly getting experience records from this. If they trained a skill all day getting massive experience than spent $200 on spins leaving them enough time in the 24hr window to complete the spins and open all the lamps they could possibly push the record far enough that the only way to beat it would be by getting luckier than they did on the SoF spins and of course also spending $200 in the process. That kind of ircks me more than anything else related to this update.
I do not think SoF is even as good as effigies for record breaking, unless you mean like monthly records instead of daily. There also vast amounts of other ways to get way more XP that that in a day, though of course they take a lot more time, but people do that for records. I mean, look at these slayer gains (mostly from effigies): http://runetracker.org/records-19
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

StarryChelx's gains, from what I hear, are payed for with money from RWT the gold he makes from flower game/staking. It's unfortunate that he is abusing the game so much with no consequence.

Doesn't change my views on the update, however.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2012-04-06 13:58:52)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  
(2012-04-06 10:01:25)Bug Wrote:  I guess one thing does bother me after seeing this...

Awhile ago, before mass amounts of people figured out ways to get millions of experience in a day I wanted to try and obtain for myself a global experience record. Seeing how much experience people can gain in a week off SoF really bothers me just for the simple fact that they will be possibly getting experience records from this. If they trained a skill all day getting massive experience than spent $200 on spins leaving them enough time in the 24hr window to complete the spins and open all the lamps they could possibly push the record far enough that the only way to beat it would be by getting luckier than they did on the SoF spins and of course also spending $200 in the process. That kind of ircks me more than anything else related to this update.
I do not think SoF is even as good as effigies for record breaking, unless you mean like monthly records instead of daily. There also vast amounts of other ways to get way more XP that that in a day, though of course they take a lot more time, but people do that for records. I mean, look at these slayer gains (mostly from effigies): http://runetracker.org/records-19

I'm saying if someone combined them, think if someone did the maximum experience one could ever gain in for example hunter... than to "top it off" they spent $200 on spins to get that little extra. Nobody could ever beat it (given there's no new way to train that skill in the future that is better than what we have currently) unless they spent $200 as well.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
My point was that effigies are gone now, and that they were better for records than this. Therefore the best chance to get the best records was when you could collect mass amount of effigies, since you cannot combine them. smile

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

(2012-04-07 00:05:54)AlchemyHawk Wrote:  My point was that effigies are gone now, and that they were better for records than this. Therefore the best chance to get the best records was when you could collect mass amount of effigies, since you cannot combine them. smile

Though I believe you don't need to use all your spins in one day, and can stockpile them day by day. Xp records could be shattered using this with enough time and money.

1/99 RuneCrafting
[Image: Ez9Z]
[Image: F8Cs]
[Image: Gtmt]
We must strive to reach the simplicity that lies beyond sophistication.
[Image: SKPQd.gif]
I did not know that. Angry2 They should have a max amount of spins you can have at a time.

The update faq says that daily spins expire the next day, purchased spins last 6 months, and spins earned from gameplay are eternal. So essentially you're only allowed to have $36,000 worth of spins at one time.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
That is really bad. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Answered Question about the Squeel or Wheel of Fortune. Huey 2 3,263 2012-11-03 21:16:10
Last Post: Huey
  The Squeal of Neptune Mini Kniight 14 9,038 2012-06-08 01:15:48
Last Post: Dave
  Squeal of Fortune Spins Angus 54 27,814 2012-06-05 15:43:49
Last Post: Elrydith
  Squeal of Fortune: Win More, Win Big! Mini Kniight 11 7,869 2012-05-29 14:07:34
Last Post: Random Dandy
  Spin and Win on the Squeal of Fortune! Shay 16 9,732 2012-03-02 06:53:44
Last Post: Wendy