Player Owned Port Scores
Thread Closed 

Got a chi globe mission today...requires 6k combat...managed about 4k. We'll see how that results.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
Failed 6 missions today, 2 of which were in the 90s, 1 at 100 and the other 3 in the mid 80s. I refuse to believe their algorithm is accurate, really starting to wind me up
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
I've heard of people who have failed at 100% before, people said that they must of failed due to not having enough placed into the other skills even though they're not mentioned. I really am not sure, I failed a fair few yesterday (3 I think, possibly more once I check my last ones), hook seems to be meaner on my percentages, not letting me get away with the 90%'s as easily.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
[Image: 121220153850.png]

Not going to get all of todays voyages in since I was busy last night but doing alright. Upgraded all my gunpowder buildings, so focusing on slate now.

Also, I don't really care about the scroll pieces now anyway. I want to find out the reward we get from completing a story line, so thats my focus.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I realised just now that the percentage they show isn't meant to reflect your percentage chance of success, rather, it just shows the percentage you are to reaching the full amount. Seems obvious really but I always assumed they would be the same. So, all the rants many of us have been having about every percentage below 100 really being an approximately 10-20% chance actually aren't actually the noticing of a bug, rather, a realisation of the way the odds are meant to work. By not reaching 100% we're not skilled enough to complete the mission so it makes sense you almost always fail it.

Wish this was made a little clearer by Jagex themselves but whatever, accepted they're incompetent now, could have made a much bigger error I suppose.

It's just really dumb as you get stuck in a loop- to reach 100% on slate missions you need the boat and crew upgrades which you can only get by using slate. So to get slate you need to have slate already. It's stupid.
You just have to hope, bit of luck involved unfortunately but it lengthens the life of the mini game and gives it some challenge in the fact that it is necessary to muck around and fiddle with your crew/ship to maximize your chance of not failing, buying your correct path to maximizing this chance is then part of the skill involved and allows for the amount of discussion that we've had with the forums on the multiple fan sites, clan sites, RS forums and in-game.

I do agree though, that it would of been nicer if they had of just explained the percentages a bit better, at the very least it may of decreased the amount of rant threads.
[Image: Exbajalator.png][Image: Exbajalator.png]
[Image: 2q00m8h.jpg]
[Image: nMqpp.png]
=:-:=  Live Young, Have Fun And May Tomorrow Never Come =:-:=
Oh yeah I'm glad it's tough, I just think it's for the wrong reasons and I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to have some clarity and actually be honest with their players...

Anyway, back to topic, not made much progress lately unsurprisingly Tongue

[Image: 1DrT7]
i managed to get my first piece of plate, still havnt got any scrolls yet though haha.
[Image: ot3fNDv.png]
[Image: popv.png]

Moving on up Yahoo
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine!
(2012-12-20 23:17:54)Portus Wrote:  I realised just now that the percentage they show isn't meant to reflect your percentage chance of success, rather, it just shows the percentage you are to reaching the full amount. Seems obvious really but I always assumed they would be the same. So, all the rants many of us have been having about every percentage below 100 really being an approximately 10-20% chance actually aren't actually the noticing of a bug, rather, a realisation of the way the odds are meant to work. By not reaching 100% we're not skilled enough to complete the mission so it makes sense you almost always fail it.

Wish this was made a little clearer by Jagex themselves but whatever, accepted they're incompetent now, could have made a much bigger error I suppose.

It's just really dumb as you get stuck in a loop- to reach 100% on slate missions you need the boat and crew upgrades which you can only get by using slate. So to get slate you need to have slate already. It's stupid.

That could all be explained by a bug, but I think it's more likely that people are posting only to complain when they don't get the expected results (95% is kind of seen as a sure thing). Granted it's pretty terrible luck to fail several of those, but I don't think what you see on the forums or with your own personal success rate is a good indication of the big picture.

Besides that, I've been in a few spots where my best option was to take a voyage at <50%, and it's gone my way some of the time. If 90% meant 70%, I'd have to think that 40% was a lost cause, and that's just not how it is.

Anyway, updating my score again.

[Image: portscore.png]

I've now unlocked the Hook region. Got pretty lucky with some easy slate missions right off the bat and was able to 100% several in a row with 2 ships running. Also got my first trade good.

[Image: bonesn.png]

Still need some gunpowder for building upgrades, so went back to focusing on that.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey AlchemyHawk 6 5,352 2014-01-08 08:05:44
Last Post: Evaluate
  Player Owned Port [Rewards] Bug 8 6,338 2012-12-13 04:12:26
Last Post: Nick
  BTS#30: Own a shipping port in RuneScape! Downfall 8 5,815 2012-12-08 21:08:14
Last Post: Evaluate
  Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty Shay 10 7,185 2012-03-07 21:04:58
Last Post: Rarely Lucky
  F2P Stats - Player TJPAB 9 6,162 2011-12-19 02:46:06
Last Post: Bug